Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reflecting on Singapore


Singapore is a spectacular city! Multi-ethnic and multi-lingual, although many people speak English. The transit system is spectacular, and they have a huge sky tram system.


My visit included Little India and the Sing-Ling tower, levels on levels of electronics and electronic components. Very impressive.


We also took in lunch in an Indian café and browsed at some of the shops. I bought very little there, because I want to purchase Indian things in India. The problem with Singapore being a mulit-ethinc and multi-lingual city is that, quite simply, I had a difficult time finding things that were unique to Singaproe. I did find a Mer-Lion statue, the guardian angel of Singapore, and am quite happy with his protection.


Today we emerged from a narrow waterway, notorious for piracy, without incident. Even so, the heightened security on this vessel was comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment